step'n out

...yup! that would be me. I have come out of my hiding place (sort of) and managed to keep my lunch down while I added a Facebook Page for Lisa Bennett Photography. You may say....big deal....everyone has a Facebook page! For this girl it was a big deal. It means I am officially saying to the world "I am a photographer"...I even find it hard to write that!

Fear can be paralizing, and right now I'm plowing forward even though I am very fearful. Writing this I am having another "what was I thinking moment". That is me though. When I really want something I can tell I am on the right track because I am very fearful. This feeling is the same feeling I used to get at every swim meet that I swam well at. I had more difficulty competing in front of a home crowd, but put me in the pool with all of the swimmers and coaches that I was in awe of and I excelled! I'm sure there is some technical term a doctor would use for this type of behaviour, but I just call it performance anxiety.

This type of behavior and photography goes hand and hand for me. I see things through my lens....I really see things when I'm looking through the lens of my camera. The little glances that pass between two people who know each other really well. The light brush of his hand on her shoulder. The sarcasm that screams I love you even though the words aren't spoken. How her eyes follow him as he chases after their child who runs away playfully. L.O.V.E. That's what I see. L.O.V.E. isn't perfect. L.O.V.E. and life can sometimes get messy. Documenting the L.O.V.E. and connections between people is what gives me goosebumps... and yes, sometimes even makes me cry.

I bet most of you never knew what a cornball I was until I started sharing this blog of mine, now did you? Wally says I'm a mooshball. I think both words can be used to describe me...and many, many more.

1 Response to "step'n out"

gravatar
Yakshita Says:

Thanks for Sharing such an amazing article. Keep working... Your Site is very nice, and it's very helping us.. this post is unique and interesting, thank you for sharing this awesome information

sspmis | sspmis bihar | sspmis login

Post a Comment