a little bit of Navy

OK. I said I wasn't going to speak of sucky home comings but I feel the need to explain. MY guy isn't sucky. MY guy coming home doesn't suck. It's the emotional roller coaster of deployment preparations that suck big time. 'nuf said.

So, on to more fun stuff. Wally took my old camera with him for this jaunt. Man, am I glad he did. I think I've rubbed off on him. He captured some great stuff along the way. I chose the ones I did because the story they tell is universal...and because his family can take a look at him. There are many, many photos he took that really are great.


First stop - Baltimore, and just for me he trekked through some pretty scary parts of town to get a photo op with one of my favourite "other guys". Well not with him, but at least outside his bakery. If you haven't heard of DUFF from Charm City Bakeries, where have you been?



Nice shot here. Look over Wally's shoulder and you can see the Statue of Liberty. Can I just say "WOW"!


And here she is again. Lady Liberty herself.


...and in the Empire State Building. Can you believe the view?! Amazing!


The series of photos Wally took at ground zero still give me goosebumps.

Leave it to Wally to make new friends like only he can.



I love how this photo shows a frame within a frame. Look down the street to the skyline.


Pretty shoes. "Freddie Flintstone" feet. Not a good combo.



Nice. Very nice.

No Response to "a little bit of Navy"

Post a Comment