Rejected

As I'm sitting at my computer working away yesterday, out of the corner of my eye I witness two people in orange vests heading toward my garbage. I get that sinking feeling. You see, generally I am an avid garbage sorter. I am because I want to help the environment, but if I'm totally honest, there are times that I do it because of my fear of the garbage police!

Yesterday, I was in a rush. You see our garbage only gets picked up every two weeks, so if I need to throw food items out it must be planned to hit garbage day. If you happen to come by my house and open the fridge to an assortment of food that you would consider garbage hanging out in it, that would be why. At least I don't have to suffer the smell as long as it's refrigerated.

As I was rushing around yesterday morning, I realized I needed to clean out the fridge because we had company coming, and we all know that company will inspect our fridge and cupboards for cleanliness. OK, maybe not, but in my mind everything has to be at least respectably clean. Back to the garbage. I had a ton of expired salad dressings and marinades and other bottles of stuff that for whatever reason I felt the need to buy in the past 6 months or so. As I emptied the first one, and began rinsing it, I thought to myself, just this once, throw it all out and be done with it. So I did.



This is the result of my attempt at making one of my to do tasks shorter. I wanted to shrink into myself. I wanted to run out and say to them that I ALWAYS sort my garbage. That I AM environmentally aware and I would NEVER, EVER pollute our environment or cause extra work for our garbage sorters. I wanted to beg and plead forgiveness. Thankfully, I sat at my desk peeking out of the corner of my eye at the two of them while they wrote a nasty report about the people who live at this address.

No Response to "Rejected"

Post a Comment