Hello 2010!

I am happy to see a new year. Start fresh. Find renewal. Think positive. Etc., etc. If I'm honest I don't feel exactly how I would like to feel on the first day of a fresh new year and decade. The pounding headache is not helping, but I'd really appreciate it if the weight would drop off my neck and shoulders, not to mention I could pass on the the sore throat and cough to nowhere...

But, in the spirit of the New Year; and as in the past few years, I have again been inspired by Ali Edwards to select a word for this year. Last week after passing by ACTIVE, BELIEVE, LOVE, GRACE, LIVE I was convinced my word was COURAGE. As in courage to fail and get back up. Courage to be the person I am meant to be. Courage to to the things that make me afraid. Courage to love others for who they are without expectations. Courage to embrace differences. Courage to let go of the pain I have carried most of my life. Courage to forgive. Courage to love wholeheartedly.....

TODAY I have awoken to a new word CONNECT. Defined by Websters as (1) to become joined (2) to transfer (3) to make a successful hit, shot or throw (4) to have or establish a rapport (5) to establish a communications connection (6) to join or fasten together (7) to place or establish in relationship.

2010 will be defined as a year for me to connect. [RE]CONNECT with the most important person in my life who just happens to have spent more time away than at home in 2009. I plan on CONNECTing a flight (or two), learn to CONNECT a club to a ball, and most importantly CONNECT on a meaningful level with family and friends, new and old. Yes, CONNECT, that is my little word for 2010, and I have to learn to be fearless in making connections!

Lisa
xo

No Response to "Hello 2010!"

Post a Comment