simply COMPLEX

Rain rain go away...well, actually it's not so bad right now, but the gloominess and stickiness is quickly getting old. Rumour has it the sun will be making an appearance tomorrow, so I'll be the one wandering around seeking it out.

The daily challenges and freebies are still coming at JessicaSprague.com. I've decided to take the daily changes and complete them as quickly as I can. What that means is when I read/see the challenge I go with my first thought - unedited - no thinking - just what I feel.

Yesterday, after being out and about visiting, I came home, switched on the computer, and then proceeded to get supper on the go...which by the way was pretty aweseome! Spaghetti and large homemade meatballs...haven't had it in a while so I thoroughly enjoyed it! We also managed to get our new (crappy quality) canopy up on the deck - in the sweltering humidity - I might add. I digress....back to the topic at hand folks....challenges.

Yesterday's challenge included a really sweeet freebie designed by Liv (who is one of the awesome moderators at the Spraground). She gave us a sample of how she used the template which, of course, was gorgeous! My thought was "dark and dirty". Then I immediately thought "search Rocky River Haflingers". Trust me when I say I have hundreds and hundreds of photos taken at the farm, some of which I've already scrapped.

When I saw this photo, I knew it was the one. It is a photo I have loved from the day I opened it up on the computer, but I have never "done anything with it". Here was the opportunity.



After a little tweeking with the photo, and using the gorgeous template that Liv provided, this is what I came up with.



Now, hang in there with me, 'cause I'd like to give a little insight to how my brain works, and what my "scrapping" is to me and how I come up with stuff. My pages generally reflect me and my feelings, NOT necessary the subject's reality on the pages. They are my interpretation on any given day - which believe me - changes frequently. Usually, my pages reflect a relationship I share, a feeling, an event, an emotion, or just plain old day to day "boring" stuff. I run the gamit. I usually don't know what photo will evoke an emotion in me. It just happens. Sometimes I can lead a "papparazzi" style photoshoot in a particular direction, but even then my favourite shot may not be the most technically good one. It's all about the feeling baby. It's all about the emotion I feel when I see a photo.

Why don't you take a look at some of the photos you've taken, and without being critical about the technical aspects, see how they make you "feel".

TODAY: Lots of keying to do, customers to call (again), and another fun challenge I'm sure will be on the way! I'll also be spending the day having thoughts and prayers for someone very special to the family who is having a major operation today - we're pulling for you Tim!

Have a great one folks!

No Response to "simply COMPLEX"

Post a Comment