Change is in the Air

Ever have one of those days that you're in the mood to do almost anything? That was me yesterday...and I took it out on my hair. As I was driving into the city my mind wandered back and forth between cutting it all off and colouring it; and since I don't want to give my hubby a heart attack upon his return, I chose a new colour.

I'm at that point in my life where my hair is 90% grey. Yup! It's true! The front and top is almost snow white and the sides and back still have a little colour in them. Several years back we started to colour my hair darker because the grey wouldn't cover anymore with my "light brown". Since that time I have recieved many, many comments about how my hair used to be so nice when it was lighter...how the grey wouldn't show so much if it was lighter, etc. etc. Yesterday, I took the plunge. After 5 hours or so of stripping colour, adding colour, stripping more colour, etc. I am blonde. As I looked into the mirror this thought popped into my head..."OMG, I look like Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife"....and, yes, that's a true story. I don't think my beloved Tim (stylist) thought it was too funny when I shared that thought with him either. I'm not sure how long I will stay this colour but for now I have a new look. In fact it's so new it still scares me a little!

While in the city I finally picked out a camera bag that I desperately needed. It's a little large for my needs right now, but I wanted to get one that would grow with me. Hint. Hint. I am still pining over the 70-200mm lens that the price keeps creeping up on.

I had to rush home to pick up Sienna from her day at the spa (groomer) and get some laundry on the line. After a little watering and weeding I waited for a call from my guy which eventually did happen. By the way...he used the word "foxy" to describe my updated hairdo...is that still a word? It made me chuckle just seeing it written...I'm foooxxy....ha!

TODAY: I'm off to the Valley to take some photos of gaggle of people and then have a visit with my Mom. Sounds like a good day to me!

No Response to "Change is in the Air"

Post a Comment