it's all about the BENNETTS

Beautiful fall sunshine in summer. I'll take it. Crisp cool cold nights, warm sunshine days. I miss my little pool already, but I'm lov'n this sunshine.

I'm going to add a disclaimer right here, right now...this post is heavy on the pictures of the visit we had with Wally's family, so if you're not interested, now is the time to click on by...

I mentioned in an earlier post we hosted a birthday party this summer for my father inlaw, but did I mention how he is one of the sweetest people I have ever met in my life?...except when he's playing cards. That's a story for another time though.

Back to the party. This was a first for me. Planning a party for a spry senior citizen who works full-time and is passionate about golf was totally new for me. I hadn't a clue what to do...until I was travelling the 101 Hwy., feeling a little brain dead, and it hit me. Golf lover. Golf themed party. We decided to have a specialty cake made from Tony's Specialty cakes which was exciting itself, but I wanted to do something more. I went back and forth in my head about preparing some kind of a party favour that wasn't cheesy and would suit the occasion. Then it came to me. Thank Goodness!! I decided to design a sports trading card for the guest of honour. This is what I came up with.

Three different photos were used...


and this is the back of the card with fake made-up statistics...


the cake...


...and this is the Birthday Boy getting ready to cut his cake.


It was so great that everyone came to help us celebrate this special day. It has been many, many years since both Wally & his sister Tracy were together for their father's birthday.

Father & son...


Tom signing his sports trading cards...


Labrador friends...



Here are a few of the many photos from our visit with the Bennetts.

the girls...



the boys...



one of many shots taken on the golf course...



Wally's family...



Already it seems so long ago. Hard to believe really. It truly was wonderful to witness Wally and his family "play" together after so many years being separated.

No Response to "it's all about the BENNETTS"

Post a Comment