Looking Back

It seems we often hear how we should look ahead. Don't look back. Focus on where you want to go. etc. etc...I believe we can find our own individual path of life when we give respect to where we have come from - not dwell on it (either good or bad), but acknowledge and respect how we got to where we are this day.



Wally's dear, sweet mother has saved almost everything from his childhood. I distinctly remember having a box delivered in 1995/96, when Wally was away, that contained some of his childhood games. Let me just say I didn't know quite what to think at the time. Then I broke out laughing thinking to myself, what the heck am I to do with a remote control car without the remote and a Rubix Cube snake. Good memories indeed.

This past summer Wally's Mom personally delivered his high school and hockey jackets. After Wally squeezed into them, and provided us with some pretty funny entertainment, I decided to take a few pictures of the just-like-brand-new jackets so I will never forget how this woman loved loves her children so much that she never wanted to let anything go. I guess that's why some of us build scrapbooks or obsessively take photos. Everyone has their individual way of showing our love don't we?

TODAY: It's back to work baby. It's also the start of my new photography class, Photographers' Workshop. I am so, so excited to get this class rolling!

No Response to "Looking Back"

Post a Comment