Going With the Flow

Hello there.


Thursday. I say...it's Thursday. Are you kidding me? I don't know what's happening with time, but I need to find it. And soon!

The week so far has been a week of research but I'm afraid not a lot of progression or completion to where I need to be. I'm delving into some stuff that is waaaaay out of my comfort zone, so although it's a little a lot scary, it is very, very exciting.

I posted the above photo to remember what it looks like when it's almost sunny outside. That shot was actually taken while traveling at 120+ km/hr. Quite the sight while driving. I love the clouds that look like they are flying across the sky with the hot colours in the background and the guardrail slightly blurred in the foreground. Nice. Just wish'n we could see a little more of that. Not too many fall photos are going to pop up this year as the rain and wind is making quick work of the pretty leaves. It looks like it's snowing when I see the leaves flying by out the corner of my eye.

I am happy to say I have a few more photo sessions booked. In fact I am more than happy. I find it hard to express how I feel when I am taking photos, or even talking about photography. I find my eyes welling up unexpectedly as I talk about a particular session or even what being a photographer means to me. I am working on all the things it takes on the business side of things to get this dream of mine rolling. I don't know why, but I feel it in my core, that this is what I'm meant to do.

This morning, I wrote out a draft profile for a website I'm designing. Here's the beginnings of where I'm going.

As someone whose family consists of a perfectly matched partner, who also happens to be my husband, and our two adorable pooches, I see families a little different than most. I see the little connections that are only shared between two people who have together experienced both joy and pain. I see the glint a momma and daddy get in their eyes when they look at their little ones.

I arrived late in the profession of photography and am so grateful to have found my way. Photography would be considered my 3rd career; however, it feels like it is what I was born to do. Capturing moments for others is my passion. It is the thing that brings tears to my eyes when I speak about it. It is the thing that gives me goosebumps every time...and I mean EVERY TIME I put a session together.

Let’s face it, life isn’t perfect. Sometimes it can even be messy. I want to capture connections. That is the beauty I see. Perfect clothing is not required. Show up being you. Tousled hair is perfect. A child’s stained mouth is perfect. Mismatched clothing is perfect. You are perfect! As human beings we are perfectly imperfect!

All I ask when we meet is that you show me your heart. I can’t wait to see it!
Thanks for your encouragement. Thanks for cheering me on. And most of all, thanks for coming along for the ride.

No Response to "Going With the Flow"

Post a Comment