Thanksgiving Portrait

Fall is always such a busy time, and this year is no exception. Late nights have been the norm around here. Even though I sometimes feel overwhelmed, I keep reminding myself to take in every moment I can.

I thought I'd post a couple of photos from our Thanksgiving Day portrait. It's always funny to see how they turn out. It's also hard to find one photo that screams "this is the one". This year was no exception. The bright sunshine made for a beautiful afternoon with family, but that same bright sunshine made it particularly difficult to get a flattering photo.


The top one we're all looking pretty good, except if you look at Dewayne (back left) his eyes are closed. Actually, his eyes were closed in almost every one! Too funny! The bottom one is the one I selected as the best of the best or worst (so to speak). I love having these group photos. This year we were reminded that the last time we gathered for Thanksgiving, it also happened to be last time we were with my father on a special occasion.

These group photos, that really are a pain in the butt, are so important to me because they provide evidence of the good times shared with those that are important to me.

TODAY: I have a ton of work to do for the job that I get paid for. I have a ton of work to do for the job that doesn't pay me (photography). I need to spend some time with my guy who should be arriving home from work shortly. I really must cook a nice meal. I must take a breath and enjoy the sunshine and company that I have with me. And on we GO!

No Response to "Thanksgiving Portrait"

Post a Comment