This.IS. IT.

THIS. IS. the final weekend before my life undergoes a major shakeup. THIS. IS. the last weekend I get to wake up next to my best friend for a very long time. THIS. IS. the last morning I'll get to hear "heeelllooo kiiittteeee" for a while. THIS. IS. IT. (Just a wee bit dramatic I know.)

So, today and tomorrow, I plan on soaking up every possible minute of the day...with Wally next to me...of course.

We're heading to the city (I know, what else!) to meet some friends here for what I'm sure will be great food, fabulous wine and what I hope to be lots of giggles. We also decided a night with a fluffy king size bed was in order, so we are spending the night here, and then have plans to meet a couple of Wally's childhood friends for brunch tomorrow. I am really excited about our weekend plans, but must admit I have moments where I want be snuggled up at home together with the outside world...well....outside.

This is the time before deployment that I muster my inner strength for him. This is the time I constantly remind myself I will be OK. This is the time I find myself when I least expect it well up with tears, but never let them flow. This is the time I find my get up and go.

Have a wonderful weekend folks! If you feel so inclined, I'd appreciate a little prayer for Wally...and I wouldn't complain if you included me in there too!

1 Response to "This.IS. IT."

gravatar
Anonymous Says:

Happy Thoughts my sweet, I'll be back before you know it.
Love Wally

Post a Comment