Gulf of Aden and a Birthday

I am busying myself with work, photography and Christmas preparations. This time every year is always the same (probably for most people). I always think I'm ahead of everything and then it hits me what needs to be done... and that it needs to be done in a week. It just keeps things a little interesting around here!

I thought I'd share a few of the latest photos from Wally's deployment. The ship is currently on station in the Gulf of Aden. Basically that means they are where they are intended to be, doing what they are supposed to be doing....

To start off, here is the official Naval Boarding Party photo. Wally is kneeling second from left (I think).



The next couple of photos are of the ship fueling...



...and then there is this. Actually, from what I understand, this is pretty much what takes up a large portion of the day...training...and sweating lots in 37 degree heat.





Not too shabby scenery for a workout though.
--------------------
TODAY happens to be my Mom's 74th birthday! That's a lot of birthdays folks, so I'm looking forward to heading out for a little supper in honour of her day.

1 Response to "Gulf of Aden and a Birthday"

gravatar
Anonymous Says:

Hi there Lisa!

I have a 'google alert' set up for 'HMCS Fredericton" and your blog came into my inbox. Love the pics and wanted to let you know that there were some boarding videos done by Combat Camera that are posted on the web (address below). Not sure if your hubby is in them, but nice to see nonetheless!

Take Care!

http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/common/combatcamera/news/09/111909_Op_Saiph/index.html

Post a Comment