the Angels are Watching

Hello Monday. Nice to see you in all of your sunshine glory.

Sunday completed the 1st of 27 Sundays until Wally's return. I've never been one to count the weeks/days/months, but for some reason I kept hearing a voice in my head saying...week 1 down.




Yesterday I received an e-mail and a phone call (well 2 phone calls if you count the time we were disconnected) which was especially nice. Wally sent me this awesome photo as well as a touching note. I thought I'd share a snippet of the e-mail I received (which is something I don't usually do either).
"...I attended [a] commital of ashes ceremony today for a chief and woman officer. I couldn't help but think of your Dad, I'm sure he was looking down from above..."
Thist note says so much about Wally...and it's just one of the many, many reasons I love him so much. I too think (hope) Dad is sailing along with Wally - watching over him - but also having a bit of a chuckle at Wally's expense (I'm sure). I have found that I especially miss my Dad when Wally is deployed. I think it is because Dad and I used to have many chats about deployments, and somehow it was comforting knowing he was there if I needed him (even after his stroke).
------------------------------------
Last evening I had a very nice visit from my neighbour Nancy. I'm thinking Wally may have put her up to it; but that's OK, because she is the sweetest!
------------------------------------
A little tidbit about my girl (dog) Sienna...

Last evening I sat down to watch "the Amazing Race" and  Sienna comes toward me. As she put her paws delicately on the edge of the sofa it was if she was saying "I need a hug"....or maybe she was saying "you need a hug"...either way, it was nice to snuggle into that soft warm fur and look into her beautiful brown soulful eyes.

Wally, when you read this, be reminded your "girls" are doing just fine.

No Response to "the Angels are Watching"

Post a Comment