Unexpected Extraordinary

My usual day of travelling the 101 with stops along the way for road maintenance and client visits suddenly became exciting and unexpected when I decided to take some photos at one of my client's garden. I have shown his beautiful flowers on my blog before, BUT, as I was leaving he says to me...come here, I have something to show you. I go into a very dark corner of his garage and off comes the lid to a small container sitting on a metal stand...this is what I saw.



How's that for making a perfectly ordinary Tuesday sales day extraordinary?!
--------------------
On another note I received a link from my cousin Maureen (Hi Maureen!) that I just have to share. Here is an exerpt from a blog that has been started by a pretty amazing woman who happens to be by 2nd cousin Kim (Maureen's daughter).

Being REAL

I have often wondered what goes on (or doesn’t) in someone’s mind when they ask, “Have you ever looked for your REAL mother?”

I am, and have always been a little confused by this question.

The dictionary defines REAL as “Being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verifiable existence; Genuine and authentic; not artificial or spurious; Being no less than what is stated”.

Although all of this fits the bill for my Mum, I much prefer the explanation given to the Velveteen Rabbit by the Skin Horse in my favorite story.

My answer is always the same from the time I was a little girl. Probably from about the same time my mum gave me the Velveteen Rabbit to read in 1982. I always say, “I already know who my REAL mother is”, and in my heart I know…


I will always think of Kim as "little Kimmie" (Dale) as that is what she was affectionately called by my Dad. I remember clearly when "little Kimmie" arrived. I have vivid memories of the first time we went to see her after she came home and the excitement that surrounded her.

As often happens in families we have lost touch over the years except for special occasions, but I have kept up with her through her Mum Maureen, and now of course, with computer networks I feel like I know her well. I do know that Kim is a great Mum herself, is a very talented artist, pianist, cupcake maker, costume maker... and now will be opening her own Yoga Studio in Dartmouth in the fall. Now I can add to this list, a great daughter and story teller.

Please visit her blog to read the remaining of her beautiful post here. Trust me - it is worth it! Oh! and you may need a tissue.

1 Response to "Unexpected Extraordinary"

gravatar
Kim Curlett Says:

Thank you for the beautiful comments. You are a special woman! I hope to get to know you better as I was always told I was so much like you..a compliment I am sure!
~k

Post a Comment